Monday, February 19, 2007

Demo at Heirloom Show

This weekend, I demonstrated creating collage pendants in the Lost Coast Designs booth at the Heirloom Rubber Stamp show. It is my favorite rubber stamp show in the area--lots of great vendors, demos and fun.

Saturday was tremendously busy. People were constantly in line and watching me demo, and I didn't really get much of a break. Sunday was more mellow, with less people and a much more leisurely pace. I usually demo because I like it, not because I make a lot of money (will work for rubber!).

This year, I created these cool little pendants. I took microscope slides from a medical lab and Memory Glass (Ranger Industries) and sandwiched a double-sided collage between the glass. The collage was made with 7Gypsies printed papers, stickers and ephemera, images stamped on cardstock and colored with Twinkling H2O's and images I printed with my color laser printer. I collaged using gel medium and a spatula, let the collage dry a bit, and then framed the collage sandwich with copper foil tape. I then made a bail out of copper wire and used the foil tape to secure the bail onto the pendant. I then strung the pendant on ball chain and waxed cotton cording. Fun!

Lots of people were oohing and ahhhing over the pendants and they loved the bail idea. I know it's NOT polymer clay related, but I believe that everything feeds the creative process. Two days of playing with great images and tools and I'm feeling very satisfied and happy. Now, back to clay...!

Margaret

No comments: